Comments: Jim Pitts Campaign Above the Law?

OK, I'm not even from Texas but I know that he is wearing a Republic of Texas "Lone Star" shirt.

Maybe you boys better turn in your "Original 300" membership pins when you come up I-35 to Ardmore next time . . .

Keith

Posted by Keith at October 26, 2004 05:54 PM

Corrected that. Arg. I was still editing the entry, so I would have fixed it anyway ;-)

Posted by Byron L at October 26, 2004 06:01 PM

No, Jim Pitts isn't disabled but I believe one of his children may be as a result of a horrible car wreck that he lost his wife in. In fact, you have an item on it at https://burntorangereport.com/mt-comments.cgi?entry_id=1778 so please show this man some respect. He's not a bad guy.

Posted by Mike F at October 26, 2004 08:29 PM

That's not his truck. His son is not disabled but was driving the car when he and his mother were hit by a drunk driver, she died 3 days later. The Texas lege is a better place because Jim Pitts is there.

Posted by mws at October 27, 2004 12:25 AM

I can't believe Mr. Gilbreath finds time to campaign, what with posing for photos with Joe Barton (don't they look cozy?) and taking time out to snap pics of a Jim Pitts' campaign vehicle.
Jake, get a platform, pick an issue, anything.
Until then, I'm sure the people of District 10 would agree that Rep. Pitts has done an admirable job of representing his constituents.

Posted by ajpfn at October 27, 2004 10:15 AM

I think it is quite ridiculous that a candidate for State Representative of this great state of Texas has the time to take a picture of a truck that doesn't even belong to Jim Pitts and accuse him of parking in this spot. Look at the responses that you have gotten read them all and get the hint that you are being childish. If someone is going to run for an elected official position without a college degree they should act a little bit more mature then going around trying to frame a wonderful representative for something he didn't even do. Ryan Pitts, the State Rep son is in great condition despite the loss of his mother. I condemn respect to those on this post who have backed Jim Pitts because it truly shows what a good Representative can do to party lines. Ellis and Hill Counties are a better place because of Jim Pitts and so is Texas. Jake a word of advice, get mature, finish school, and get some experience before you run for another office. Itís going to be pretty sad on Tuesday when the early voting results come in and you will already have to call Jim Pitts conceding. Become a true politician and not a kid Jake. Vote State Representative Jim Pitts on Nov. 2nd for you and for Texas.

Posted by Reed at October 27, 2004 10:16 PM

How do you even know its a campaign truck and not just someone from Palmer supporting Jim Pitts. Before you start criticizing someone I think you need to get the facts.

Posted by Reed at October 28, 2004 12:05 AM